This is my third month of goal setting. Setting goals for December and January helped to motivate me to inject some fun into these months and to give myself accountability for finishing projects and saving money.
I deliberately kept January's list of goals short and I will do the same this month. My word/theme for the year is focus and I need to keep my lists short in order to (hopefully) achieve more.
In February my youngest son and I have birthdays six days apart and there is also Valentines Day and Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) to enjoy. As well as planning some fun I'm starting the month with renewed resolve to save money on an everyday basis.
Righty ho here are my February goals:
1. Try a different cocktail on my birthday. This image above is my inspiration.
2. Spend less on groceries and keep a daily spending diary. Yes, this is a repeat from last month as I failed to write down my expenditure. I've analysed my current shopping habits and plan to keep costs down by buying less wine and snack food this month.
3. Cook at least once for friends or family.
4. Finish decluttering our bedroom.
5. Buy a DSLR camera with my combined Christmas and birthday money. I've had lots of fun with my digital compact and it's been great to use for my first few months of blogging but I would love the challenge of improving my photography with a DSLR. Any advice on models/makes would be welcome.
6. Challenge myself to write something other than a blog post.
7. Celebrate Valentine's Day our way without buying anything that is being specifically marketed for this occasion.