As we approach the end of March it's time for an update on this month's goals. It's the first month, since I've started setting mini-goals, where I feel I've been over ambitious. No worries, I'll make my goals list a little shorter next month and carry some goals forward. Here's my limited progress.
1. Post about bedroom decluttering on my 'Making Room' series. Not achieved but I'm still keen to do this.
2. Plan a simple garden makeover. The main thing will be to get rid of the small lawn and be lawn free – no more mowing for us. No definite plans as yet. As you can see from the photo our garden is fairly minimalistic already – it just needs an alternative to the lawn. Any ideas?
3. Ebay/sell some items to fund garden makeover. No I haven't sold anything but I am collecting items together. However, I worked some extra hours and this will be put into the garden makeover fund.
4. Have a digital declutter – my phone/laptop/camera all need a good edit. No too busy blogging, say no more.
5. Spend less than last month on groceries. I need to continue to use my spending diary and spend more time menu planning simple meals. Achieved. I have recorded most of my spending this month and the kitchen cupboards aren't as full. This is a clear sign that I've been buying less.
6. Plan our son's 18th birthday in April. Achieved. Plans coming along nicely – should be good.
7. Select items for next attempt at project 333 towards the end of the month. With the temperatures so low I haven't felt inclined to contemplate a spring/summer wardrobe. However, I'm planning to pack my lightest holiday wardrobe to date for our Easter break.
8. Hubs has requested a low-key birthday but with a 'show-stopper' cake. Is he winding me up? Achieved. I have broken my usual habit of overbuying and have only bought him things he has asked for/needs. And the cake is very low-key.
As I said at the beginning of the month I find setting mini-goals month by month helps to motivate me and there's no shame in not achieving them all.
Apart from these goals I have had some success in other areas. We have done the 5:2 fast diet for one or two days each week this month. A few pounds have been lost and we have found it has given us the discipline to conquer other bad eating habits. And for Lent I have given up Diet Coke which is quite an achievement for me.
So, how's your March been so far? Please share.