From my memory of last year they sojourn for just a few weeks on an otherwise nondescript roundabout.
Blink and they're gone.
Whilst driving round and round the roundabout admiring them would be fun it's not so good for traffic control or the environment. I'm so glad I made the effort today to park my car and get a closer look. I found moments of pure pleasure, wonder and stillness as I admired the beauty of these proud poppies. Mindfulness, peace and gratitude found at a roundabout. Who'd have thought...
There was a lorry driver parked up beside me. Was he lost, having a quick kip or admiring nature? Who knows. At least he was taking a break.
I hope my links give you a break and a little direction on your simplifying journey too.
- What To Do When The People You Love Don't Love What You Do from Lulastic. A useful and powerful post for anyone questioning the mainstream.
- Living Alone or in a Community? What's Best After 60? A video from Sixty & Me.
- We don't live to work, we work to live. Why don't we say so? Zoe Williams via The Guardian.
- Flower Love by Style and Create. I picked some flowers today from our tiny garden and my mum's well established garden. This was my inspiration.
- This Is What Women Wore To The Beach In The 1920s via BuzzFeed. This week's fashion fix. I love the last photo.
- Sage Tidbits of Cleaning Advice I Learned from the Shakers from Apartment Therapy. Simply beautiful.
Enjoy the weekend xo