24.11.13

At the Weekend







We...

awoke on Saturday to a frosty morning - wish I'd photographed this but I was too lazy lingering in my pjs
cleaned the house quickly
shared the ironing but didn't find the end of the basket
abandoned a Saturday night out due to hub's bad back
ate almond croissants for Sunday breakfast
watched the Great Gatsby on DVD - wow, I loved the glamour
debated who was the best Doctor
escaped to the woods for a kick through the leaves
supported hubs singing in the community choir at our local Christmas lights switch on
retreated to a wonderful pub for a glass of Merlot and a warm by the fire with friends

A quiet but restorative weekend. Today was a real challenge for photography.  Even though we went out early this afternoon (2pm) the light was scarce and everything seemed dull. And my final picture of Dr.Johnson amongst the Christmas lights is blurred but I still like it. Hubs' back seems to be improving - this cold weather doesn't help.

Hope you all had a good weekend folks xo


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Who was your best Doctor? Really enjoyed the special. I must admit David Tennant brought me back to the doctor - I was too terrified (just by the music) as a child to really watch the early ones but I do recall Tom Baker and his scarf.
    Reading your post - Autumn is my favourite season. I love the colours. However I'm kind of glad I'm heading to summer where I live. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your lovely blog, so I thought I would say Hello..
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your husband's back is better soon. My other half has suffered with his back quite a lot so I know a bit of what it's like - not much fun at all. Lovely photos, especially the one of the woods. They are wonderful at this time of year, but I know what you mean about the low light. Sounds like a really nice weekend, I hope you have a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 1st photo and the one of the woods, such wonderful Autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never, ever see the bottom of my ironing basket...I've given up looking! Your photo of the holly is glorious. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Lichfieldian? Or just visiting?

    Dom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your comments. Keep in touch xo

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig