Number 1 on my December Goals list was to choose a word/theme for the new year. My word for 2013 is Focus.
Focus is defined as:
1. An act of concentrating interest or activity on something.
2. To see things more clearly.
Over the last fifteen months since I have gone from working full-time to working part-time I have had more time to spend with family and friends, time to develop my interests and more time to relax. This has made an amazing difference to my family life, my social life and my general health and well being.
However, I still have a busy life and often feel overwhelmed by it.
The word focus will be my theme for 2013 in all aspects of my life. I feel I need to work smarter in my job and develop more routine and structure in my domestic life. On a personal level I hope to focus on
- my writing by doing some freelance work
- trying new creative pursuits (I'm not sure which yet)
- reading more for pleasure
- home cooking
- spending money on experiences rather than stuff
- making a home that is simple but stylish
- creating a capsule wardrobe
- developing my blog but keeping it honest and informative
- having fun
- finding new ways to relax
My family and friends are always a priority and will continue to be so.
THANK YOU all for inspiring me and supporting me over the last few months. Starting this blog (although time consuming) has been a great adventure. I enjoy interacting with readers and I find blogging a great vehicle for my personal development. Thanks also to Tammy Strobel of Rowdy Kittens for inspiring me to choose a word/theme for 2013.
Over to you
Do you have a word/theme for 2013?
How do you find focus when life is busy?
What are your dreams for next year?