This weekend in the UK, as summer time ends and we change the clocks, we have an extra hour to dream.
With mild temperatures lingering, layering the woollies and embracing the new season feels like a dress rehearsal for some far off fantasy land. We know that soon the shorter days will take over and the chill and chasm of autumn/winter will become a stark reality but for now we can savour our autumn dreams.
Here are mine.
- To embrace daylight by getting outside to walk and stop and stare
- Trying new autumnal recipes... think soups, experimenting with squashes and baking, baking, baking
- Pumpkin carving
- Movie nights
- Chunky knits - cardigans, fingerless gloves and scarves
- Jacket potatoes oozing with melted butter
- Flames and sparks - bonfires, open fires and glowing candles
- Early nights and longer lie-ins
Do you have any autumn dreams?