15.9.14

Summer Moments and Simple Pleasures Update

Looking back at some summer moments captured on my DSLR. Simple stop and stare moments from our summer that I haven't shared with you here. Although we didn't have a holiday we spent plenty of time out and about and visited Antony Gormley's Another Place sculpture at Crosby beach and also Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Looking back, I feel gratitude for plenty of sunny days and the time I've had to enjoy them. 

We went for a dusk time walk this evening determined to make the most of the remaining light and warmth of the day. It was interesting to see how fast autumn is approaching. The blackberries are already over here and the leaves are quickly changing colour and beginning to fall. On our return, home was dark but with a few lights on it soon felt warm and cosy. I think I'm ready for cosy.

I've also updated my simple pleasures list on my sidebar as we edge into autumn. It's time to stop chasing butterflies and start collecting autumn leaves. At the bottom of my list you will notice that we also have a new baby in the family, a great nephew. I can't wait to see him!



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the ducks. And there's nothing quite like the smell of a new baby is there? Gorgeous.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos, you are a talented photographer. The ducks are wonderful and the butterfly is beautifully captured. And I really love the fantastic rolling English countryside. Nothing finer. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are beautiful...looks idyllic over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading your new list of simple pleasures, I think most of these would be on my list too. I'm glad you had such a wonderful summer, it sounds very restful and full of interest. It's starting to turn a little cooler up here and I need to pull my finger out and pick some blackberries before it's too late. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning. Beautiful photos, the ducks are adorable.
    Often I visit places then read that you have too, Crosby Beach & Yorkshire Sculpture Park, done & done! I'm guessing you are in the NW too? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could look at nature photos all day. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire! These images are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them. Since I'm an anglophile, I always love a view of those "patchwork quilt" landscapes. And those ducks...love!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving your comments. Keep in touch xo

BLOGGER THEME CREATED BY pipdig